Lawrence Park South - East of Yonge Street
- The area south of Lawrence Avenue and east of Yonge Street, stretching to Bayview on the east and Blythwood Road on the south (now part of Lawrence Park South), was annexed by the city of Toronto in 1912. Original development began in ernest in the 1920s, but the residential neighbourhood with its tree-lined streets and 50 foot lots has seen a major re-development since the mid-1990s. Architectural styles vary from traditional Georgian and Edwardian to the more contemporary stone and red brick versions.
The appeal of the neighbourhood is undoubtedly its country-like atmosphere, with Burke Brook and McDougall Stream running though Sherwood Park, with no commercial or apartment buildings to intrude. Within close proximity are excellent public, separate and independent schools, such as the Toronto French School and Crescent School, as well as the Granite Club and Rosedale Golf Club. Although well-served by bus and subway transit, most residents prefer cars, as observed in the number of two-car garages in the area.
Entry into Lawrence Park is now above $1.5 million for a house that requires renovation. Newer homes sell in the $4 milliion range.
For INDEPENDENT & PRIVATE SCHOOLS in Toronto, click here
Also check out Lawrence Park Ratepayers Association.